Mannum Baptist Church on the move again.

Mannum Baptist Church was founded in 1888 when Rev Silas Meed came to Mannum and formed the church with 17 members. The church quickly flourished, and in 1890 the first chapel was opened in Randell Street.

This building served the church well for over seven decades. But in the 1960’s the church building needed renovation, and it was considered more practical to move to a new location than to repair the building. Things fell into place for us to purchase the Zion Lutheran Church in William Street, next door to our Manse. On Sunday 12th March 1967, 120 people gathered to give thanks for the blessings received as we moved to our new home.

The building in Randell Street was demolished and the land excavated to street level. It is now the site of Male’s Butchers.

As Mannum Baptist Church continues to look forward into the future, we are keen to update our facilities and develop a worship centre more in line with modern expectations. After considering all the options available to us, we have decided it is again time to move.

To commence this process, we are seeking expressions of interest for our current Chapel in William street. The Chapel is being offered on its own or in conjunction with the Tea Rooms next door.

Rev Nieass said, “This is an initial step in a positive plan to move forward and grow God’s Kingdom through better connections with the community.

The next step in the process has not been determined. Should we sell the Chapel alone we can consider redeveloping on the Tea Room site. If both properties are sold there are many other options available to us within Mannum.

This is an exciting time to be part of Mannum Baptist Church as we look forward to what God has in mind for us.”

Prospective purchasers should contact Michael Nance at Mannum Estates.

Ph 85692635, Mob 0428 294 141

 

 Church IMG_1773 IMG_1774 IMG_1775 IMG_1777

Comments are closed.